Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Crap.

...or get off the pot.

I have officially registered for my next half marathon. October 13th. Dayton River Corridor Classic Half. I actually did this last year. To tell you the truth it was horrible to run that day. Extremely windy. But it was close to home and relatively cheap. Last year it was actually a little less then 13.1 miles. So hopefully this year it will be the correct distance. Plus, due to construction, its a new course.

Today I had a Dr. apt. They did some testing on me. Routine stuff I guess. The scale still isn't playing nice. But that's completely my fault. Blood pressure perfect. BMI, I def have a little work to do to get it back down to normal. I can't be mad though, I was in the normal range and then I slacked off. Whats important is I'm getting back at it. Waiting for results on cholesterol and thyroid.

I logged 5 miles today. It was a treadmill run, but none the less a run. I didn't work with speed as I need to build up my base again before I can mess with that. (Although, toward the end I did bump it up to 6.0, but I just wanted to get it done with already.) It feels good to be running again. I am following the same running plan I did for the first half. Today was only suppose to be 3. But I felt good. Tomorrow at least 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment