Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Stupid me.

Holy moley has it been a minute or two since I last thought about this blog, much less updated. Let me explain.

1) Discouraged. The whole reason I started exercising and eating healthy was to be able to have a healthy baby. Yes, I got pregnant. But it wasn't a healthy pregnancy. I feel like all 80 something pounds were for nothing. Its hard to look past this reason the most. I know in the end, I am better off minus the extra weight. Healthier.
2) Distracted. I've let partying get in the way again. Drinking and staying up late doesn't help getting my workouts done.
3) Boredom. I love running. I am always going to love it. But it kinda got boring there for awhile and I stepped away from it. Granted I only planned to step away for a week or two, but with running if you don't consistently do it...its not fun.

Those are the main reason's why I have slacked off. I am now returning to running almost every day again..but the runs haven't been fun yet. Totally expected it to suck too. I have been maintaining some of my cardio with spin class and swimming. But I think running is the ultimate cardio, so I defiantly feel a difference.
  *Swimming- I use to swim in high school and would do 2-3 miles a weekend. So I figured it wouldn't be too bad. After-all, I'm a runner. Boy was I wrong. I just about died the first swim. I think the first swim I made it to 32. I wanted to do way more, but figured I would drown. My arms are just weak. My fault, I know, because I don't do much strength training. (This is why I am trying to get back into swimming in the first place.) The last time, I made it to 52. I thought for sure it was a mile. You can imagine my disappointment when I asked the lifeguard and she said it was 72. UGH. So, right now that's a short term goal.
  *Spin- I love spinning so much, I am toying around with the idea of learning to teach a class. I'm pretty sure I gotta take a class to learn to teach though. Just an idea. Dumb, I know. But I think it would be fun. I gotta get a little more endurance built up with it though.

Also, I have been back and forth on a full marathon. I keep saying no, I have the rest of my life to run one. But seriously the more I think about it the more it frustrates me. I am waiting for my jacked up body to get pregnant and I am waiting to run a full marathon. SICK OF WAITING. Good things come to those that wait. I call bluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment