Monday, May 21, 2012

2 bad runs in a row and 62 pounds lighter

So it started off on Thursday. 4.5 miles. Went to the park. The weather felt great. Warm but there was a breeze. Got 2 miles in and my stomach started rumbling. I passed a porta-potty because I thought there was one at the next parking lot. My stomach wasn't too bad. Well I got to the next parking lot...NO BATHROOM! I turned around. But at this time my stomach was really cramping. I decided the best thing to do was start looking for a place to go outside. I wasn't having much luck. I was along a open stretch of  the path. I had slowed to a walk. Next thing I know it was too late. There was nothing I could do. I was so disgusted and humiliated. I could not believe what had happened. I walked to the bathroom I passed the first time. Just mad....mad at myself. Why didn't I stop? UGH Cleaned myself up the best I could, and walked back to the car. I will never chance it again!!!
Then Saturday I was suppose to do 7 miles. I woke up feeling good. I decided to not eat breakfast and just grabbed a GU. Off I went. Got to the park, and upon starting I felt sluggish. Legs felt like lead. Then I got a side stitch. Tried to run through it...It wasn't going away. So I walked a little bit. Started running again. After about 1 mile I was feeling better. Maybe this was going to be a good run. It was about 10:30a.m. It was getting hot, but I was in the shade. Didn't feel too bad. After about 3 miles it goes to full sun. This is where I struggled. I made it to 3.5 and turned around. I had to keep pushing. I couldn't believe how hard it was. I was so hot and I could feel my heart rate going up. Made it to 4.5 miles and I had to slow to a walk. I felt like a loser. Very few times have I done this. I thought about starting to run again once I got to the shade, but I felt like that was cheating. So, I walked the rest back to the car. Can you believe that run put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day? I didn't want anyone to talk to me, I just wanted to be left alone.
Today was weigh in day. Lost 3 pounds for a total of 62 pounds. Today, I realized I how much I really lost. I knew I had lost some weight...but 62 pounds!!! That's A LOT!!!! That's my 6 year old nephew!!!! I can't believe I have been able to lose this much without starving myself, without pills and WITHOUT SURGERY!!! I did it by determination, dedication and A LOT OF SWEAT!!!
Also, I signed up for another race. The Redlegs Run 10K. I am excited but so nervous after the last couple runs I've had. I'm worried about the heat. It is at 8am, so I know that will be in my favor. I'm doing 90% of my runs outside now. I regret training indoors.

Do you have any races coming up?


How do you handle running in heat? Do you train for it?

1 comment:

  1. Okay that is just rough. Congrats for getting out and running again after the first day... I might have hid! You have had amazing success with weight loss and that just shows that you keep going no matter what. So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete