Friday, July 20, 2012

Vacation.




Today is the last day of vacation! Usually I would be upset, and say it went to fast. But this vacation has been horrible in terms of my workout/diet. I have really only ran 1 once this week, besides today. Wednesday I did 4 miles. Today I went out with the number 8 on my mind. It's is my scheduled long run for the week. But tomorrow I have a 5K someone asked me if I wanted to run, and they paid. Ummm this was a no brainier. Of course I said yes. But I still wanted to get in my miles. Today's run started off okay. Weather was great! Slight breeze, overcast. I think the temp was 74. The first 4 miles went good. But then I came up on a decent hill. I HATE hills. I need to run them more often so I can get better. I made it to the Vandalia Rec center. It was a little more then 5.50 miles. I quit. Stopped. But I am so stubborn, I hate failing. So I took a 10 min break and started again. Did another 2.23 miles. That 2nd half went better, because it was flat. I still didn't make it to 8 today, but I can be happy with it.

Mapmyrun. Anyone use this app? I've used it a couple times. But never paid much attention to the details of the run. I usually use the Nike+ app with foot pod on it. I calibrated it on the treadmill. So, I thought it would be pretty accurate. Well today I decided to use the mapmyrun app. It was saying my average pace was 10:30-10:48. That is a good minute off what the Nike+ usually says. I will be interested in seeing how I do at the 5K tomorrow.

Next vacation is the Hershey Half. OH MY WORD!! I hope I can do this!!


2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this late because I was on vacation last week and am trying to catch up. :-) But I use Mapmyfitness, which is the same as mapmyrun, and it seems to be pretty accurate for me on time. I sometimes have problems with GPS on it, but not too often. I really like it, and it was free on my phone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Are you still doing the Hershey Half this weekend? I'm driving up from NC to do it, my first half!!
    www.aspiringrunnergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete