Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Fell off the wagon

Due to Dr.'s order's I am still not allowed to run. Or exercise.  To say I am unhappy about this is a understatement. It just adds to the anger I already have. I can just image my first run. Ha! I might just do 26.2 miles out of anger and sadness.

So because of that I am trying to be more on point with what I am eating. I have way over indulged  But mostly because of the holidays  There is food freaking EVERYWHERE!!! I wish I could use that as a excuse.  But it's my own fault. I've gained 18 pounds. So it's time to get back on the wagon before it turns into 30 and so on. I was at the grocery store looking for some good snacks...healthy snacks. I found this.


I love popcorn. But it's kinda a trap for me. I will demolish a whole bag. Although there are worse snacks out there, the calories at up. I tend to stay away from these 100 calorie snack things. Just because I feel like they are wasted calories most of the time. Cookies and brownies in the 100 calorie packs are worthless. They aren't filling and you end up eating more then 1 pack. But the popcorn, you get a decent amount and it's filling. A huge fan. They have several different kinds, but I am just a kettle-corn girl. Butter popcorn makes me want to vomit. Disgusting.

So I have decided on two different half marathons. The first one is Kentucky Derby Half. It's April 27. I am planning on doing this with my friend Kara and a friend from work, Jarrod. Not planning on PR'ing here. I just want to run and have a good time with good friends. The next one is 3 weeks after. I will be planning on a PR. It's the Rite Aid half. I got a coupon for 5.00 off the registration. So why not?! The course is pretty flat so I can think of no reason not to try to get under 2 hrs!

Any races planned yet for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment