Thursday, April 26, 2012

Time limits on treadmills?

3.5 miles on the schedule for today. I woke up kinda late. Rushed to the gym. Really was going to stick to the schedule. But I got to 3.5 and felt GREAT! Legs were just loosening up. So I kept going. What really made me mad was when it told me to start my cool down after 60 minutes. What!!! That's really dumb. So I had to stop for 15 seconds to get it to restart. Although, this doesn't seem like a big deal, it IS to me. I hate stopping before I am done. It's that perfectionism in me. I ended up with a little over 5 miles. What's the point of the time limit anyways? They have several treadmills. And....the gym is never that busy to begin with. If I want to run longer then a hour, I should get to without interruptions!

On the topic of running, I am getting up in mileage now. Next week I have a 6 miler. I know this isn't a lot, but to me it's my farthest yet. I have a concern about re-hydrating. I've done research and they say after 1 hour you need something other then water. I tried Gatorade and let me tell you I hate it. It tastes like flavored sea water. UGH. I couldn't choke that stuff down. So, I am on the market to find something else. I prefer something not to sugary. Any suggestions?

Did you get a workout in today? What was it?

Ever been kicked off the machine?

1 comment:

  1. I am with you. Time limits on treadmills drive me nuts. My treadmill times out at 1 hour 40 minutes and I don't know how to change the setting. Argh!!!

    ReplyDelete