Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Who needs a personal trainer anyways?

Good Morning!!!

Exercise for today is done. 7:45am and I have completed a spin class, strength training and a very weak 1 mile run. As I was doing that run, I was yelling at myself. I hate doing less then 2 miles. I feel so worthless. I realize I did a spin class, but I've been doing that for a while now. Should have been able to push to 2. The schedule calls for 2 mile run or cross train. Yes, I am a over achiever! I can't help it. I got on that treadmill and thought this was going to be a easy peasey kinda run. Nope! My legs were tired. They were lead...no wait, they were DEAD!!! Once I start running, I don't quit til I am done. Today, I don't know what happened. 5 minutes into the run, what did I do? I walked! What!?! I yelled at myself, and started running again. I wasn't a quitter! It started to feel a tiny bit better after half a mile. But not enough to push to 2. So I finished the 1 mile, and that was that. I feel OK with that...not happy but I don't want to dwell on it like I would have if I didn't start running again. I am TRULY my worst enemy.

Ever heard of a power crunch? Oh my word! They are so wicked. Basically its a crunch with weights on you feet. You crunch up with you upper and lower body. (I hope that makes sense) The first day I did them, I could only do 10! And for 2 days after, I felt it in my abs every movement I made. I am now up to 30 of them, but I really got to work for them. I BETTER get abs of steel doing these babys!

10 days until my first 5K! It's getting real very quickly! I told Matt and my friend Jen, I want a lot of pictures! Specially of me crossing that line! Hopefully I look graceful and not like this.




Do you have a trainer? Am I missing anything?


What are some of your favorite low calorie snacks?
I love snacking! I really think that's one of the keys to losing weight. Think about it. If you snack throughout the day, your less likely to binge eat at a meal. Healthy snacking. My favorites include string cheese, apples, carrots and celery. Reduced fat wheat thins and laughing cow cheese wedge is high on the list too!

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute!! I'm going to start posting more to mine too, but have been total slacker... sararunsdc.blogspot.com. Don't worry about your run too much today- we all have days like that. But, I usually remind myself when I feel like that that 90% of running is mental so I basically tell myself to shut up, stop whining, and keep going. Haha- usually it works, but some days not so much. The photos are hilarious! I have had personal trainers over the years, but the times throughout my life that I've lost weight was NOT with them. My most recent trainer was super lazy and half the time I felt like he was checking me out instead of actually being useful. You're doing a great job on your own-- don't think you need one. My snacks tend to be pretty similar to yours-- although sometimes a bit peanut butter heavy :) Great work chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stopped by your blog and subscribed! Your a lot faster then me! You are kicking butt! 10 miler! Good work!
      I do love me some peanut butter! But with all things I try to practice moderation. Some days are better then others.
      I would be worried about having a "guy" trainer for that reason. I am a very modest person. I hate the feeling of someone checking me out. Makes me feel super uncomfortable. I think I will continue to do what I do without a trainer. Thank you for your advise!

      Delete
  2. Found you blog too so I thought I would write you! First off, you are so right that you are your own worst critic and yet you are your own best judge as well... so you just have to find a balance between them and that is where the learning happens. You will do great! Just keep going girl. I'm going to keep checking in with you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I am enjoying blogging about something that gives me so much joy. Anything fitness, health or exercise( specifically running) I could talk about all day!
      I need to learn this balance you speak of. One of my flaws. LOL

      Delete