Friday, February 8, 2013

I know better

Ever do something that you know you are going to regret a few hours later?

Any hands up?

Mine are up.

Today I made a bunch of goodies for a bake sale we are having at work to raise money for MS. I ate like crap. Lots of sugar. So much I bet my veins are clogged with pure sugar. I kept telling myself  "Christy, you have 7-9 miles to run in the morning. You really don't want to eat this." or "You are going to be crapping you pants tomorrow around mile 4". Do you think that stopped me? Nope. Sure didn't. I wonder if I take a chug of Pepto tomorrow morning, it will reverse the damage? I'll get back to you on this.

Bedtime: 9pm
Wake up: 3:15am
Wakeup after snooze: 3:30am
Breakfast and waiting to poop: 3:30-4:30am
7-9 mile run: 4:30-6am
Shower: 6:15ishAM
Work: 7-330
Nap: 3:35

This is my plan for tomorrow. Usually I don't do these kind of runs until summer when it's 100 freaking degrees. But I prefer to get my run over with first thing. I feel better the whole day and I know if I don't do it then I will have a great chance of putting it off and not doing it. Plus a good run really sets the mood for the day. Specially working in retail. You would think I dread getting up the most. Or the fact it's going to be 20 degrees with a slight wind. Although I hate running in cold and wind, it's not what I'm talking about. I dread work. We are short staffed, and Saturdays are busy. I am a cake decorator and orders can get crazy. Oh well, just another day in paradise. I'm blessed to have a job....much less a job I don't hate.

Tomorrow will be my first run with Body Glide. Last week I got some chaffing in some very uncomfortable places. So I will be lubing up on that stuff. Enough to squeeze through a mouse hole. I also picked up some fuel for this run. I can usually run 8 miles without fuel. But as long as things go well, and I don't end up with panties full O crap, I'm sure I will push to 9. I usually use GU's. But I didn't feel like driving more then I had to today. I was already at Kroger's. They surprised me by having Shot Blocks. So I lucked out. I was going to just get a bag of skittles, my preferred kind of fuel.

I need some new music for my runs. Any suggestions? Doesn't have to be "fast" or "upbeat"? Long runs I actually listen to a lot of slower songs, as I am out for distance not speed.

Lastly, I am a bit concerned I might be on the verge of a injury. So the last two days have been rest days. My left leg, the back of my thigh is sore. Hoping and praying and wishing that it's just sore from the squats I've been doing. But why wouldn't both legs be sore? I'll be paying close attention tomorrow while running. I'd rather cut a run short then to get hurt. I've been very lucky so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment