Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sunshine takes my blues away

So if you follow me on Instagram then you seen what day 2 of core work and push ups consisted of. I still hate it very much. I almost never have to convince or talk myself into running or going to the gym. But when there is strength work to do, I will think of about 14 different excuses  All at which I could not justify using today. Even though, let me add, my six-pack abs stomach is very sore. The good kinda sore, but none the less very sore. I pushed through. I think you got the picture as to how much I hate planks from the last post. So I started off with that. I was able to do 1 minute off the bat. 45 seconds in I thought there was a earthquake cause I was shaking. HARD. I finished the minute out. Then I moved on to bicycle crunches, squats and push-ups. Push-ups are almost as hard as planks for me. I really should jump back into the pool. I remember when I was a teenager, I use to swim a few miles every Saturday. It really kept my arms in decent shape. Plus swimming is good cross training for running. I think I'm just afraid of getting in a swim suit. The first day I was only able to do 5 girly style push-ups. Today I did 6. It's not even worth mentioning really.

I had plans on going to the gym today. So I could get my run in and then a hour on the elliptical  But someone mentioned to me how it was a sunny day. I got all excited and changed my plans within 7 seconds of hearing so. The sun changes the game. Yesterday I did 5 miles around my neighborhood/city, so I wanted new scenery. I decided to hit the bike trails. Choose one along the river near by. A couple things happened. Garmin died 3 miles in. Mud and geese crap aren't fun to run in. And I over dressed. Got a little too heated. But seeing the sun setting along the river was worth every bit. It's amazing how the little things make the "big" things your stressing about seem not so bad. Work, bills, health, relationships, family. All those "problems". Most the time they aren't as big as they seem. I've had some things on my mind the last two days, things I really shouldn't be worried about because I have no control over it at all. It's up to God. It doesn't make it any easier though. I guess it means I don't have complete trust in Him. I just don't know how to fix it.




1 comment:

  1. There's something about the sun that makes me want to go for a run, especially after several days of rain and the treadmill. :-)

    ReplyDelete