Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jumped back into the saddle!

So when I first started this journey, I began taking spin classes. I went into my first class alone and was thinking this is going to be cake. Boy! was I wrong! Spinning is a workout! Of course it is great cardio and it strengths your legs. Which if you are a reader of mine, you know I hate strength workouts. But since it combines both I can deal. I actually love it. I only stopped doing it because it was too much when I got further into my training for the half marathon. So I picked it back up and will do it for a while, until I get deeper in the training again. Last night, Bob was the instructor. Oddly enough, he was the the instructor for my first class too. He is hardcore. Always, pushing you and mixes things up. Also, very funny guy! The only thing I don't like about his classes are they are always busy. But that must say something about him as a instructor. He is good.

Running. It's going OK  I'm not thrilled with it but I'm working on it. I can't seem to pace myself right now. Today, I did 3 miles. 31 minutes. That's way to fast for me right now. But I slow down and feel like I'm a slug. I am going to have to get that in check or I will never make it past 5 miles. I don't really know why I care so much about speed. I have always been the kind of runner out for distance. Not speed. So this is surprising to me. My long run this week is only scheduled for 4 miles, so I will be working more on pacing with that run, or it will be a miserable.

I'm looking for a good 5K to do soon. I saw one about chocolate and beer. Maybe? Heard about any 5K's coming up soon? Maybe a good Cupid's 5K?

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate and beer, do not mix!

    I'll meet you at the start line

    I'll be wearing a number and a headband

    ReplyDelete