Friday, January 11, 2013

Something stupid and ice cream

I am pretty sure I am going to do something stupid tomorrow morning. We are having a very short spell of nice weather. Today it was 59 degrees. Tomorrow is suppose to be the same maybe even a little warmer. So with that being said, I am going to take full advantage of it. I am still on restrictions, but the more I think about it the more I think it's to cover her butt. I am taking it slow and not pushing myself with speed and no hill repeats..yet. I did 5 miles on Thursday. Felt great. I wanted to go a couple more, but didn't want to push to much. Maybe I was feeling guilty. But I haven't had any weird feelings or pains, I don't see any problem. Like I was saying, doing something stupid tomorrow; I haven't done a long run in FOREVER. I'm thinking 6-8 miles. I like the number 7. But I will just let my body tell me when to stop. No pushing..yet.

I love ice cream. If given a choice of dessert, I will always pick ice cream. Who wouldn't? I was at Kroger and I usually go for Ben & Jerry's. Very yummy, but it is very costly money wise and calorie wise. Considering I only get 1220 calories a day, a whole container of B&J is 1200. I wouldn't get to eat anything else, unless I did a long run that day. I came across Arctic Zero. 150 calories for the whole pint. I thought it's too good to be true, but bought it anyways. To my surprise, it was good. Not B&J good, but it defiantly has my ice cream craving taking care of. I've only tried the Chocolate peanut butter one. A half a cup is 37 calories. You seriously can't beat that. I can't wait to try the other flavors.

Today was a rest day from running. I went to the gym. I was dreading it. The reason. The stupid stair-master. I love it, and hate it all the same. It does wonders for your thighs, hips and butt. Also, I credit it to my improvement in running. You think you are in good shape. Do stairs. I promise you will get a good workout. I was able to do 45 mins before the nightmare. Did it today. Only got 20 mins. I was okay with that. Gotta build back up. I then jumped on the elliptical for another 20 mins. I was on the elliptical when I came across reason number one why I hate the gym. Nowhere to spit. I know this sounds gross, but I am a runner. A runner that runs outside. It happens.

1 comment:

  1. Omg I wish our store carried that!! I love icecream and tend to go overboard portion wise so I dont eat it too often :-[

    ReplyDelete