Thursday, January 31, 2013

A treadmill run that I didn't want to cut my wrists.

Just in case you haven't glanced at the date, it is January 31st. So of course I am reflecting. Gotta stay on track to succeed. My New Year's Resolutions was to 1) not lose conscious from over intoxication 2) log 1000 miles in 2013 and 3)Complete 3-4 half marathons 4) take strength training seriously. I just checked and I am at 71 miles for January. 83 was the number if I was going to do the same amount each month. So 12 miles short. Damn. Guess Ill have to make that up somewhere in the next 11 months. I'm not too worried..well about the 12. But I am glad I looked at it. Will be paying more attention to it. Strength training...well I did it twice last week. This week 1. Not going that great. Still haven't lose conscious from drinking. So that is right on track.

I did 7 miles today on the treadmill and you know I didn't hate it too much. I guess I was really into my music. There is never anything on the TV that I can get into. Although, I am not looking at a wall, I am looking at a empty field so the view could be worse. My pace on the treadmill is always slower then outside. I bet I could have bumped up my speed, but I was going for endurance not speed. I always set the treadmill on incline too. Default: I go to 1%, which actually felt kind easy today. I thought about kicking it up a notch, but my stomach started to get if'ey. Must have been the cookie dough and ice cream I had for dinner last night. Don't judge. When I first started running, I had GI issues, but since I been running for a year now, I've learned a few things. What to eat and what not to before a run. Or day before a long run. Which today was only suppose to be 3, I just can't count. A TM run almost never makes me forget I'm running. But today I was in the zone. I would have kept going but my stomach and treadmill only had 15 minutes to go. 

Headbands. Am I the only person who can't wear these? I don't get it. Every time I do they end up falling off. It's frustrating. Is my head too big?

Tattoo. I have been on the fence for awhile on this. Biggest reason is because of where I want them. On my wrists. But been thinking lately. I am 99.8% sure I am a lifer at the place of employment I have. With that being said, a tattoo isn't going to keep me from making a decent living. My right wrist I was the word "Breathe" on it. Most people think I am silly for this. But I am a person who HATES failing. Almost to the point where I push too hard. When I see or tell myself to breathe, it reminds me it is OK to fail. The world isn't going to end. Relax Christy! The second tattoo I want is fairly new, but when I saw it I knew I had to have it. Other then "Kindness matters" its my philosophy in life. 

This would be on my left wrist. I love everything this says. It's pushed me so many times when I didn't think I could do something  I remember the first time I did 13 miles. I wanted to stop so bad at 12. But I kept telling my "mind over matter, Christy, mind over matter. You can do this." And you know what? I finished. I will NEVER forget that run. This philosophy applies to more then just physical activity. Life in general. 

I am a little afraid of dying of ink poisoning though. Which I understand is stupid, I mean come on. I'm not getting a home made tattoo. I'm going to a professional! But knowing how crazy dumb my body is, Ill be the exception. The rare case where something horrible happens. I mean come on, we don't have the best of luck.


4 comments:

  1. Don't ever count yourself out. You changed your life last year. You ran a lot in 2012 and now you want to run over a 1000 miles in 2013. No rest for the wicked. What makes you believe that your going to be a "lifer" at your current job? You are your biggest enemy. Tattoos can express how you feel, what you believe in. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any "other" skills that would get me to a more professional career. Although, I know if I applied myself, like go to school I could change that. I guess it boils down to I don't hate my job so much I want to change that. Although that could change. So you have valid point. Interesting.

      Delete
  2. I love that tattoo! I am getting a wrist tattoo (i have 5 already). I was thinking of getting something related to weight loss!

    When I run at home I listen to music with my ear buds AND I watch TV lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina, I think it's a great idea to celebrate your progress!

      I've often thought about getting a treadmill at home, but I dislike running on the treadmill, I only ever do it in the winter (30 degrees or colder) so I think it would be a waste of money for me. But I like your idea. Whatever helps.

      Delete